Sunday, September 4, 2011

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.You can steer yourself any direction you choose.You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go.

After what was a long medical journey, some intense Peace Corps mid service training, a trip to the beach and a weekend waiting for the bus it is almost time to head back to my site. After being gone for over a month (with little communication to those back in site) I am a little worried about the upcoming week. Will things go right back to the way they were? Will I have lost some of the trust that I had gained? Will they be surprised, happy, disappointed? Just a few bus rides away and I will have answers to all of my questions.

But aside from the anxiety of transition I am blissfull happy. It was nourishing to see friends and have fun in the old familiar ways (although I find soccer and fishing fun, it was nice to have a night life and be in a bookstore). The beach was breathtaking and probably little bit healing too. And we saw a sloth with a baby on his belly at the beach, which was surreal.

I´m ready to settle back into stability, I just think wonder how the settling in process will go...will report back soon.

Enjoy your three day weekend. Sending loves, sand and smiles,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment