Saturday, August 20, 2011

life doesnt turn out the way you plan, not that lesson again!

So its been a while. And there are a few reasons why. I will try to keep this short and I will apologize now if it comes off as whiny or self-indulgent, Im working on it.
After getting back from the Romeria I had a pretty nasty ingrown toenail. I think it was my hippie toes way of declaring their hatred for shoes. Then the water went out in town for a few (4) days and I dont think bathing in well water helped the infection that had taken up residence on my toe. Lots of blood and pus, really gross. Decided to come into San Jose and have things checked out by medical, mainly because Mom and Dad have instilled a solid fear of infections in me from a young age. What I expected was going to be an overnight (by that I mean 1 night) trip has now transformed into...well into something completely unexpected.
I took antibiotics for a while, then had surgery to remove part of my toenail and part of my toe which was aggravating the toenail problem. Have some nasty looking stitches (8 to be exact) in my toe/toenail right now. I was told that I had to remain in bed for a minimum of 4 days after the surgery. So with 5 days of antibiotics, a weekend, a holiday (Costa Rican Mothers Day), two doctors appointments, surgery, and 4 days of rest I will be in San Jose until IST, which is two weeks of training in the last weeks of August.
Remember how I thought I was coming into town for one night, yea, you can guess how much variety my wardrobe has and how well its going to serve me through the month. Thanks to my peers coming into town for the training I will hopefully have enough outfits for training.
But after some readjusted expectations I have shifted to a positive focus on healing, reading, and laying in bed. The healing is going well, as is the cable watching and book reading.
Sending love to all those who I miss and who miss me. Especially Michelle, because I missed your birthday, hope it was amazing!
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment