Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ups and Downs and All Arounds


Arrived back in community. The bus schedule changed, again, which means that there are fewer buses now. The good news is that the return bus is earlier so I don’t have to walk home alone in the dark. The bad news is that an earlier departure is going to make traveling in the future and returning to site a little more difficult, but luckily I have a friend in my closest city that I can always crash with.
An older gentleman from the bus walked home with me in the downpour and helped carry on of my bags, which was very nice, since about halfway through the walk we passed his home. When I passed the school and some houses in town the kids waved out the window and screamed my name and a few kids ran into the street to give me hugs, which felt wonderful!
Then I got home. Gma told me she thought there was a rat in my room. I had been gone over a month and she thought she heard some scratching from inside. Good news is that there was no rat. Bad news, there was a lot of rat shit on my bed, really gross. After some cleaning and unpacking I settled back in.
I definitely am going to need some time to readjust to life at site, and I am taking things slow and giving myself time, but its pretty overwhelming knowing that I am here, alone and now its time to start projects. Yikes, good luck Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment