Saturday, October 8, 2011

time passes differently when there aren't seasons.

Finally taped my pictures on the wall. Feels more like my house is mine. Its personalized and full of love and memories. And Sugar, without him I would just be talking to myself.

Yesterday I found a baby frog underneath my bed. I trapped him in a cup and took him outside. Then I found a cockroach twice the size of the baby frog hiding in my toiletries and I killed him with my flipflop. My murderous streak really has no rhyme or reason.

I have taken to spraying the ants with disinfectant because I ran out of Raid - its not nearly as effective. Did you know that ants here bite? I mean, I was well aware of that fact, but its one thing to have ants biting your feet when you are outside in their turf and another to have ants biting your hands when you reach in your purse. (They had discovered who knows what because there is no food in my purse)

Sugar yips and pretend chews food in his sleep. He also gets me out of bed at 6-7am. He puts his paws on my bed and whines until I get out of bed. At first I thought he just wanted to go outside and use the bathroom, but I have since discovered that he just is lonely and wants someone to play with. Well get ready pups, because once we have a kitten in the house I think you are going to miss your quiet alone time. Sugar was also refusing to eat rice and beans, which stunk because that is what he is getting for like 80% of his meals. I bought some dog food, buts its expensive and rice and beans are not. But I have since learned that his tastes are just finicky. Its not that he doesn't like rice and beans, he just doesn't like cold rice and beans. *Give me some blueberry pancakes bitch!* Only Mom and Dad will get that last reference, and honestly I have no idea what it is referencing, but I bet that Jordan was involved.

In other news, I have a wildly successful community meeting on Friday with 30 people in attendance. Be impressed. Did I mention I live in a town of 50? Okay, well that's misleading, cause some people were from neighboring towns, but still, you should be impressed, trust me. I am working with the woman's soccer team to help them hold more productive and respectful meetings, with the youth group to get organized and active in the community and with any other group who will invite me to their meetings. When the local government has meetings I am working with them too, but you know how that goes, well you probably don't, but its a long explanation. This week I am going to give three workshops on how to be organized when managing a project, lets hope for a good turnout.

I eat an insane amount of onion and garlic. They are the only readily available veggies in town. Sometimes I can buy cilantro, red bell peppers, tomatoes and potatoes. But I can always buy onions and garlic. And produce is CHEAP here, probably because they actually produce veggies. Favorite meal from the week was a tomato, onion, garlic omelet. It was wonderful, and I have black pepper, which I know sounds hum drum in the states, but its a rarity here, and its so wonderful.

Success of the day: doing all my weeks laundry in the morning and bringing it in completely dry 15 minutes before the downpour. Clutch. OOHHH and I just remembered I got a lunch invite for beef soup tomorrow, which sounds like free food and variety all wrapped in a beautiful package.

Loves. Wishes for another wonderful week.

2 comments:

  1. O.K. here goes again. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but perhaps practice makes perfect. I am glad that you are feeling at home in your new digs. Sorry about the ants and cockroaches. Did I ever tell you I had cockroaches in the first place I stayed in in Des Moines? When you turned on the light in the morning they would run like crazy. that was the place where one of my roommates would argue with himself. Very creepy.
    The actual quote was something like "tell the bitch to make me some blueberry pancakes". As I think you understand given the context of your reference it was a dog talking. As per usual it was from a movie, I think it was called Road Trip.
    How is life with the bats going. I ran into Lindsey at Win-Co Friday and she said she does not know how you can deal with it. I am still willing to buy you the bat repeller. It also claims to work on other bothersome critters, including ants and cockroaches..
    Good job on the successful community meeting, keep up the good work.
    I am going to copy this and if does not send as a comment, I will e-mail it to you.

    Love you tons. Hope to talk with you soon. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoes are on their way!
    Love ya bunches, Mom

    ReplyDelete