Sunday, June 26, 2011

Oh goodness gracious.

More fotos: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.618875890915.2117363.32404648&l=df553dc594

Sugar is adorable and brings me lots of joy. He has a bed (handkercheif) and food bowl in my room. And he sleeps outside my door when I'm not home. Its pretty cute. He is still very fat, but I'm okay with that. I also give him flea killing baths at least two times a week, but he still has little bugs. We are working on that. He hates his baths too, and afterwords he shakes like the world is ending.

English classes have been a major source of activity and productivity in the past week. I am really enjoying getting to know the community through my English classes, I have around 36 students who show up regularly and so far everyone says wonderful things about my classes.

I am planning a meeting in the community for Wednesday when my boss comes to visit. If all goes well there should be 2-5 community leaders from each of my 4 communities and we are going to do a priority ranking activity. I am very excited because the local government came together to support my meeting and provide a small amount of food and drink (which is a huge part of Costa Rican meetings).

More than anything I am getting used to the pace of life here, the food, the heat, the routines, the people, the language. Just about everything. I am sure this will only improve with time, but I feel like I am making good process. Better get going, I have been telling the kids that I will come play soccer, and they are getting anxious. Gonna walk Sugar home, put my computer away and play soccer.

Momma and Pops I'll call you after dinner, if you read this before then.

Loves,

Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment