Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Your gonna make me lonesome when you go


Today marks the end of my first bout of awful sickness in Costa Rica It was only two days, but it was stomach related, and was miserable. I had a fever or 102 and felt miserable and bed bound for three days Also at night while I was using the bathroom there were rats, which is frightening, sick or not. But now I’m better, and the world looks a little brighter. Gracias a Dios.
The puppy is still alive and today my host gma moved the puppy and mama inside, they get to live in the laundry room. And the puppy opened his eyes, which in Costa Rica means that the puppy is 15 days old, which also means that it was approximately born on the day that I showed up May 15th. Which seems like a sign to me, that it should be my puppy and it should live! Fingers crossed, toes too.
I am continuing to adjust to life here. Today I officially did nothing all day and I think I can say confidently that I have remember how to be comfortable with doing nothing. It was the first lesson Puthumai taught me in India, and it took two weeks to relearn, but Ive got it again. Tomorrow I have a meeting of my English class and I think that things are going to pick up after this, but it is good to know that I am comfortable with the pace of life. Even if the food is still giving my body the run around.
Sending love and receiving any extra patience anyone wants to send ;-)
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment