Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cows sound like Dinosaurs in the morning


I don’t feel like paragraphs today. Sometimes my thoughts in English just come so quick that bullets make so much more sense. Sorry, I know already that this will be pretty scattered.
-I love my mosquito net. It is like a fort I get to sleep in every night. And even though it is very thin and flimsy I feel like I would be protected from nuclear war inside my mosquito net.
-There is a novella here called A Corazon Abierto, which is the Costa Rican version of Gray’s Anatomy. Which is wonderful. It has mostly the same characters and some of the exact same plot lines. Which is spectacular because it makes understanding what’s going on a lot easier. Also, Gray’s Anatomy airs here on Channel 7 at 9pm on Tuesdays in Spanish!! Its old episodes from Season 6, but I love it. It makes me feel less homesick.
-Dona Fran taught me how to make cheese. She makes it every morning from the milk that my counterparts gets from milking the cows every morning. Then she makes cheese and yesterday I helped. It was quite the bonding experience.
-Puppy is still alive. If her makes it to a month I am going to name him Sugar, after my puppy in India.
-So the rats were not a one time sighting. After the sun goes down the rats like to run the rafters. So far they don’t seem to bother anyone. But I’m still looking into getting a cat.
-There are these bugs here called abejons, which means junebugs. And at night (at least tonight) there were a million of them! They like the light, just like all the other bugs, which is a scientific something I don’t understand. And after they hit the light they fall on the ground and I swear there must be 100 junebugs on the ground under the light.
-Winter has started here. Which means rain. And rain like I never knew in Seattle. The sky literally opens here and the water just falls in an amazing quantity with an amazing force. It reminds me that I am such a small part of such a big world and that there are forces so much bigger than me. And it smells amazing, my favorite part of rain.
-I had the first meeting of my English class yesterday and there were 32 people there! Which let me tell you, in a town of 70 is pretty impressive! (Ok that’s  little misleading, because people came from other small towns close by to sign up too, but still, I like to think I am that impressive). I am going to have to 2 classes, one of adults and one for youth. I am hold four one-hour long classes each week.
-I am still playing soccer with the kids in the afternoon and its wonderful, absolutely wonderful.
-Ok, so for the most wonderful news ever. The elementary school has wireless internet! Its public and I can use it when I want. Wonderfullness.
I feel like there are million more things that I am forgetting, but this all I have got for tonight. Miss everyone a lot. And bookstores, I miss bookstores a lot too. Sending smiles and hugs.
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment