Friday, April 29, 2011

Things I know about my site...

-There are apparently no buses that go to or leave my town except for student buses.
-I will be living with the mother of my counterpart. My counterpart is probably 60 or 70 years old.
-My site has been described as very campesino, even the pulpe. I have no idea how a pulpe can be campesino. (Campesino means farmlandesqe and pulpe is like a corner store)
-Rustic is the favorite way for my program manager to describe my new home.


Aside. THERE ARE FIREFLIES IN COSTA RICA! I couldn't be happier.

But I am extremely hopeful and excited. My counterpart (my partner in crime in the community) is a wonderful man and I think we are going to make a great team. Some of the things he wants for his community include a salon communal (communal meetings space) and a plaza (because the current plaza is a mess). I am excited to get to know the community and according to my counterpart they are excited about meeting me!

That's all for now. Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment