Thursday, April 7, 2011

Here is to the sunshine..

Training has become a juggling act. I need to balance Spanish homework, training homework, social PC events, rest and spending time with my family. It has been difficult this past couple weeks to successfully perform any one of these responsibilities. I feel as though I am failing in every category because I am spread so thin. The good news is tomorrow is a new day.
But there have definitely been some really great moments too. In Spanish I had a test this week to compare my skills now to when I arrived. I advanced two levels – and I only need one more level to qualify to swear-in. We had a successful karaoke party on Sunday, an awesome hike in the mountains and a fun birthday party yesterday for a fellow trainee. This past weekend I spent Saturday with my Tico family and we went into the city and ran errands together. It definitely helps me feel like less of an outsider when I am out in public with my family. Especially when my little sister holds my hand – which she loves to do while we walk around the farmers market! Super cute.
This is the halfway point, 5 weeks down 5 to go. I know that training is going to fly by – and part of me is ready to be done with the insane schedule and overwhelming commitments. But on the other hand I have become some comfortable with my family, my community, my Spanish classes and my friends here, that it is going to be really rough to pick up and move somewhere else. Definitely going to be bittersweet.
And to close I want to say thank you to my Mom, Dad, Jordan and Lindsey for the mail! It always makes my day when they are passing out mail and I get letters or cards. And a shout-out to Michelle who got engaged this week, I am so happy for you Michelle, wish I was there to share in the celebration.
Loves,
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment