Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Lessons learned, and learning

As far as lessons I am learning some pretty important ones.
-Live in the moment. Learn from the past. Worrying about the future isn’t worth the time I spend doing it. I am happier if I slow down and focus on right now.
-It is okay to have opinions and voice them. Preferences are important and sharing my perspective on life is valuable. Accommodating everyone else all the time isn’t fair to me.
-I’m not afraid to take chances. Risks are invigorating.
-Physical exercise and spending time in the environment make me really happy.
I am still learning a lot about:
-Balancing solitude and community                        
-Defining the lines between personal and professional while in the Peace Corps
-My self-image and the source of my confidence

No comments:

Post a Comment