Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life is Just a Series of Hellos and Goodbyes


One flight finished. Sitting in the Minneapolis airport. When we landed it was 25 degrees here. And I am in sandals. Lucky (for my toes) there is no reason for me to leave the airport here. I landed at 2pm and my next flight boards at 240pm. Just enough time for lunch and to use the restroom- which proved a difficult task since one of my carry-on items is my pillow. Sitting waiting to board my plane I am hearing phantom cell phone ding dings and giggling every time I check my new watch to see what time it is.
I slept from the time we took off in Boise until a screaming 2-year old woke me up about 25 minutes to Minneapolis. Its odd how a sound that I was so familiar for the past two years has quickly become startling. But that was an old adventure, and I’m in the beginning of a new one.
I arrived in Washington DC at 6pm and driving through DC I couldn’t help but remember all of the people I love. Everywhere I looked there were reminders of family and friends back home-reminders of fun memories and familiar places. Funny how a completely new place brought up so many old memories.
After a nice dinner with an old friend from Seattle University who is doing JVC here I came back to my room and met my roommate. It was nice to put a face to one of the twenty-five people I will be sharing this new chapter of my life with.
Then I Skyped with Mom and Dad and it was comforting to see their faces. They are so supportive. While I was logged in on Skype Fr. Puthumai and I chatted on instant messenger and he reminded me of my wonderful journey in India.
Now I’m going to go to bed, and all I can say is – I think everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment