Wednesday, April 11, 2012

There are now 3 birds that live in my house.

I haven't updated in what feels like a very long time. When I have a lot to write about, I have to organize it in lists, otherwise I get overwhelmed and feel like you are missing out on things. So hopefully I will return to the more humorous anecdotal approach to blogging in the next one, cause this one will be primarily informative.
-In March I visited a married couple of volunteers on the Caribbean coast, and it was wonderful to spend a day at the beach, and to see their site and how different it is. I really enjoy seeing other volunteer's sites, I think it helps me realize how different all of our experiences are.
-I also spent a few days visiting my host family from training. I love spending time with them, especially my little sister, who looks up to me so much!!
-In site I have been busy with meetings, and organizing. All good, but I can definitely feel things starting to fall into a lull. There is a definite lack of community motivation to get work done, and I think people are finally realizing that sustainable development means that I am not going to do the work alone. :-)
-Piper is alive and well. I have to chain her up for some parts of the day now, because she still doesn't understand that she can't just walk into anyone's house. She also has started sleeping in my bed, shhh!, don't tell.
-There is a wood pecker looking bird that lives above my bed now, and two doves that live in the nest in the kitchen. I guess that's just another reason I shouldn't get another kitten.
-I picked a dried up dead baby bat out of my crocheting a few days ago. It was pretty gross.
-I discovered an amazing yoga podcast that I have been doing everyday, I think it has substantially increased my happiness level.
-My house has been broken into three times now. It is a child, because he/she isn't stealing anything big. Its still annoying though.
-The ATM ate my bank card in March, and I lived for two weeks on $10 until I was able to get it back :-)
-Holy Week took place during the first week in April. It started off really boring, but then I got lots of invites to go with different friends and families to the rivers (there are 3 within 'walking' distance) to fish and swim. Yes I did swim in the rivers where the crocodiles live. There are sharks in the ocean. You just put it out of your mind. It was wonderful and I felt really accepted, like a community member, not an outsider. Plus, I LOVE swimming and so I had a blast!
-For Easter dinner I had a chocolate bar and a glass of wine :-)

I know that there are a million things more, but for now, that's it. Oh, and I am learning to move beyond the gossip- cause its bad here- but my life will be better if I just don't care. So I stopped caring, its much nicer this way :-)

Loves,

No comments:

Post a Comment